You are welcome to nominate for the following committee positions:
• Vice President
• Assistant Treasurer
• Assistant Secretary
• Web Services Coordinator
• Buildings and Maintenance Coordinator
• External Publicity and Media Coordinator
• Fund-raising and Events Coordinator
• Technical Operations Coordinator
• Volunteers Coordinator
To find out more about each position please go to our website:
If you would like to talk to someone before you decide please contact Dennis Sheppard, President, on 9367 3918 or Peter Smith, Hon. Secretary, on 9381 5270.
Here are some general details about being on the committee:
• You’ll need to attend a committee meeting, usually on the 3rd Sunday of the month at 1.00 pm, bi-monthly.
• Meetings usually last about 3 hours.
• You are asked to submit a short written report on your portfolio by the Wednesday before each meeting.
• There are two aspects to your committee work, one is running your own portfolio, the other is contributing to the overall committee as a team member.
• Much of the committee discussion is done via e-mail to reduce travel and meeting commitments. It would therefore help enormously if you have ready access to e-mail.
The Annual General Meeting will be held on Saturday 10th March 2012 at 4.30pm and nominations close at 5.00 pm on Friday 10th February 2012.
Information about who has nominated will be made available at Dhammaloka and on our web site http://www.dhammaloka.org.au/ from mid February and will be mailed out prior to the AGM to Full and Honorary Members who are eligible to vote.
We look forward to receiving your nomination and seeing you at the AGM in March.